Tuesday, July 27, 2010

More Fun with Friends!

Yesterday, we had the pleasure of visiting Janelle and her kiddos in Temecula.  We had originally planned to spend part of the day swimming, but it was a bit too chilly (I know...in July!).  Instead, we hung out at the house, ate Janelle's food, visited, played with Riley and Claire's toys, and overall had a really great time!  Here are some pictures from our visit:

Janelle and Claire

 

The boys had a great time playing with swords and lightsabers in the front yard.  It was hard to tell who won...


Claire even wanted to join in the sword-fighting fun!


Charlie really enjoyed playing with Bailey (pictured here) and Maddox.   We didn't even make it to the freeway on the way home before he was passed out.  It was too funny that all of the kids made it home without falling asleep (about an hour and a half drive), but the dog didn't make it five minutes.  LOL ***Side Note: I swear, my dog has the longest tongue in the history of the universe.***


I'm pretty sure this car is Kourtney's favorite toy at every house we visit.  We really should consider getting her one...really...


Kourtney was kicking all of the dogs out of the house.


And after she kicked all of the dogs out of the play house, she crawled in their houses to play with them.


It was a simply fabulous day!  I had a wonderful visit with Janelle, virtually uninterrupted by the kids, who were having too much fun playing.  We had some great girl talk, and were able to share ideas for cooking, scrapbooking, and life in general.  We also had a few minutes to plan a kid-less visit for next month!  I can't wait to hang out again (with or without our children...)!  Thank you, my wonderful friend, for hosting today!

2 comments:

  1. OMG---TEMECULA!!!! One of my most favorite trips with my husband was when we went to southern california and I was all WHERE ARE THE WINERIES?! And instead of making me look like an idiot, he took me to Temecula and said it was Napa. :)

    It looks like you (and the kids!) had a great visit with your friend! I can so relate to the swords and light saber fights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG ~ McMommy just posted a comment on MY blog!!!!! (Insert happy dance, jumping up and down, and mass quantities of yelling here.)

    ReplyDelete