Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ringing in the New Year...

...with a puking child is no fun! And, it's no way to start a new year. My poor baby girl starting throwing up at 10:00 on Friday night, and continued to do so until 4:00 the next morning. She threw up 19 (yes, 19) times. It was awful! After time 8 or 9, she would cry as I was holding her head over the trashcan and say, "Mommy, why are you doing this to me?" Boy, did I feel like the worst parent in the world. It broke my hear to hear her say that. Poor baby.

She finally got to the point of being so dehydrated that I took her to Kaiser for a quick check of her electrolytes. Thank God for Pedialyte! Her electrolytes were good because I'd been giving her a 1-teaspoon-syringe full of Pedialyte every 5-15 minutes for hours before we went in. I was very grateful that she didn't need any IV fluids this time around...it helps that she's a bit older now and knows when she needs to drink.

Now that the laundry is all caught up from this flu episode, I would imagine the next kid will start puking soon. Lovely. I.hate.puke. It is the one thing that I truly dread as a parent. At least they can all make it into the trashcan/toilet now...that helps. On the upside, though, I did get to go to the grocery store all by myself today because Brady didn't want Kourtney to leave the house...it was Heaven!

Here's hoping we all have a better week!

No comments:

Post a Comment